So, What do ya think

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: So, What do ya think
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

I just made this sign and hung it on my Shed.
It measures 24 x 24. What do you think? Has anyone seen any others like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

No but what would you charge me to make another one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Looks great, how did you make it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

The 'r' is incorrect in the script. Do it over ....use the correct script 'r'.....just kiddin' Paul. Love it! Market it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Tim and Tim,
It is made of aluminum. I work for a sign shop and down loaded the Coupe image plus the rest.
I was able to make 1 for my friend who has been helping me with all my Model T questions. He has a 1917 Touring. I cannot find a FONT for all of the Different Ts. I will just keep searching. Maybe, if there is enough interest I can make a few more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

Looks good I would need one with a radar gun to see how fast these people are coming at me in a 30 MPH zone

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

I like it. Time well spent.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Here are some more I have made over the years.
It is winter here. So not much to do. Got to stay busy somehow. Some are real signs and others are not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 01:42 pm:

I want one !!!! NO No make that 2 dozen...what a great fund raiser idea for local chapters.. I love the creativity of our members

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 02:02 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 04:54 pm:

Paul, maybe you should leave the Ford printing the way it is. Make it right and the intellectual property police from Ford will want a licensing fee!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

Paul, I think you have a very good product here, appears to be well made, there is a market for it, looks nice !!! Keep the price reasonable cause you will make up the difference in quanity. Granted it would be a neat fund raiser, maybe cheaper by the dozen !!! Good luck with your venture, you're onto a "good money maker" here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

Paul,

Great sign!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Thank you everyone for responding.
The Ford in Script was the only thing
I could find close enough but not to try to steal
or get in any trouble with the Company. I could always keep it off the sign. Not sure if I want to do it full time. I will keep you all posted and let you know. Again, Thanks for all the
positive feedback.
Cheers
Paul
( Model P )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Scholz on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

Paul, Put a 14 T Touring on the sign and I'll buy 2 of them. Nice ! ! George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 11:24 pm:

I think the T sign is a real winner.
However. .. .That "Bigfoot" crossing sign is the bee's knees!!
I would put one up at my brother's resort, but I know it would be stolen in a few days!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 11:37 pm:

Hell of a nice sign.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 08:40 am:

Hijacking John f's thought I bet I could come up with 12 or more requests if the price is right! Nice job on those Paul.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 09:05 am:

Be careful. I started out just making Packard signs. By the time I sold the business I was making over 100 different signs and working 60-70 hours a week. Never again. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 10:56 am:

Now it clicks - Steve . . . I know who you are and I saw what you did ! Bwahaha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 11:17 am:

I'd take a "Speedster X-ing" sign.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

I will have to do some research to see what a sign would cost. Aluminum with the backing and art work. I might have to leave off the FORD.
Not sure if I would get sued. Should be under
$50.00. These are not screen printed. They are
3m Vinyl and would last outside for years.
TO BE CONTINUED......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

I'm not crazy about it either, I just want two for now.

Did Ford ever sell signs like that? Why should you have to pay them a royaltee? Do they have patten on a sign like that?
Would those signs be ripping Ford off, or otherwise causing them harm or lose?
I have a sign that I bought many years ago that says, Model T Parking Only. Nobody complained about all those signs.
A sign on a shop that says Model T Ford Service could be grounds for Ford to complain, but I doubt if they would.
All Ford parts (28-48) near San Jose uses Ford in their business name. How about Ford Barn?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

No problem with anything but the Ford script, which is a registered trademark. Ford can choose to allow its use through license, or they can seek legal remedies against anyone who uses it without proper authorization.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Florida Freighter Jim For Now on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 12:29 am:

Paul,

Might I suggest a sign with the Model T image centered - with the following above & below the image:
Above " No "
Below " TailgaTing "

Florida Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 03:38 am:

I want one too. I can add it below the 40MPH speed limit sign at the end of my driveway, where the soccer moms are doing 55.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

Jim and everyone else.
Thanks for the input. I will look into the best and cheapest way to make these signs, this way I can pass along the savings to everyone else.
I work in a sign shop. I don't own it. So, again let me find out how much they would be.
These are going to be Aluminum and reflective backing with vinyl letters. It will last many years outside and be very noticeable. If I go a little smaller... 18 x 18 it might be even cheaper.
TO BE CONTINUED...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 10:20 pm:

If you decide to make them, I'll take one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 08:28 am:

Can a sign be personalized?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

Dennis,
Yes if I get these done I could do a personalization. What do you have in mind ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 04:13 am:

Paul, with Dennis, it's hard telling what he has in mind! No doubt, something to do with a Parakeet. :-) :-) :-) Dave

Sorry Dennis, I couldn't resist, Cabin Fever you know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 09:00 am:

That's funny David :-)

Paul, I set my slip of paper aside with my drawing and thoughts on it and now I can't find it. When I do I'll send you a message. (it's an age thing you know)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Haha I get it Dennis.
Let me know when you find it.
I am working on the details now.
Should know shortly if this is a go or not.
Cheers
Paul

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration