Fatman steering wheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fatman steering wheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

Anybody on here ever make your own fatman steering wheel? I'm thinking it could be done by sacrificing a junk wheel and using a good wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

Bob Brewer did just that in march 2015: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/522258.html?1427841548

Clean and ingenious solution :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

If I can find a decently priced sliding neville to use as a pattern I have plans to reproduce it in bronze.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 07:29 pm:

I believe bob bergstadt was considering making them a while back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 07:55 am:

Anybody got a spare stamped style, like the one in the above pics? I can't use the cast type. Obviously all I need is the spider. The rim doesn't matter. There are a couple on ebay, but I can't tell if they are stamped or cast. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 08:44 am:

Hi Tommy,

Yes, I have one. I sent you a PM yesterday. PM me if interested. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 09:07 am:

I am in the process on making the neville wheel, have the pattern also a few castings, having a problem finding a machinist to do the compound curves, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 03:00 pm:

Bob, is the project still too far out to suggest a retail price?
BTW, I know a guy, but he's way out here in Oroville, and is retired, but he is fascinated by a challenge. . . And he's a Model T guy (also Dodge Brothers)--VERY finicky about stuff too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

What size (diameter) choices are there in the stamped steel steering wheels? If I am going to use the hub and part of the spokes as shown in the above pics, will the diameter of the donor wheel matter? Anybody got some to compare? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A smith on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

I made one from Bob Brewers pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 12:46 am:

Or this, it comes in brass too;
https://www.modeltford.com/item/3503TWC.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 10:00 am:

Bob-
When you are refering to maching the castings I'm assuming you are casting in sand. Why not do them in lost wax? Would you consider selling an unmachined casting?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration