Outside oiling

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Outside oiling
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

I am painting my 24 touring this weekend. I plan to pull the timing cover while I have the rad. Out and make sure the oil line is clear. I have an old accessory
Mag pick up oiler on the car it does not put out much oil should I fab. A scoop on the mag oiler or go with the inside oilers sold by the parts guys. Philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 08:04 am:

Well, it's up to you :-)
The inside oilers must help some, though they won't work much at steep hills, I think?

There are modern mag oilers from the vendors that may or may work better than your old one - or you can try to improve your old one. Just be careful to clamp any copper oil line tight so it won't break from fatigue and empty the engine while running.. I made my own oiler for the mag hole since I don't use the magneto - and it flows really good. There are several ways that'll work - even the std oil line is enough for most driving if it isn't clogged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

Phil get yourself one of the scoop pickups for the side of the hogshead.

You have the Perfect time right now with the radiator and timing cover off to stop any oil leakage from you crankshaft!!

All you have to do is remove the pulley and install a modern seal to the OUTSIDE on the front of the engine.

If you haven't heard or seen this here before search google or check the Chaffin catalogue to see the camshaft and crankshaft seals. You can PM me as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

Thanks I will look in to the seal. I have made a stainless line for my oiler.philip

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration