Cool Model T display items

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Cool Model T display items
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

I once met a gentleman who had taken a trashed Model T transmission and made it into a really cool moving cutaway display. Has anyone else done anything like this with a trashed transmission, engine, carb or other cool Model T display pieces?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Built these models from old Model T parts.....

Making miniatures from Ford parts was a popular past time of parts dealers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 09:17 am:

At the museum in IN, they had a neat display of the Rocky Mountain brake set up that really showed me how they work. Helped me visualize the set up.
But I'm no museum and I'm not selling parts or services, so I'm limiting my display items to the tools, the military field gear in the bed of the vehicle and some posters on easles. And I always hang around the car to answer any questions.

I already get accused of bringing the "ballast from the Titanic" with me to events. Can't imagine lugging a cutaway engine or transmission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 09:41 am:

Rick.
I am a high school shop teacher who has done a complete cut away chassis. Engine, transmission, drive shaft and rear end. Put the rear on jack stands, turn the crank and watch all the many parts move. See The Model T Times magazine June 2015. All "junk" parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 09:47 am:

I have a T flywheel and transmission display I keep in the back of my TT when I go to shows. I welded a pair of handles to a transmission band so you can grip any drum you choose and turn the flywheel and see what happens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 10:37 am:

The Piquette Plant has several very cool cutaways. If you've never been I highly recommend it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 10:42 am:

Those are so cool. I have the equipment but none of the imagination to do something like that. Very creative. Very cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 10:57 am:

I would love to find a T or A cutaway engine. They don't seem to come up very often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

I always liked the bench.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 05:33 pm:

Oh yeah, that looks sooo comfortable, especially after it has sat in the sun for hours on a 90* day.

Talk about a hot seat, and in shorts and a tee shirt, yipes!

Clever. Artistic. Imaginative use of otherwise unusable parts, but, ah, I ain't sittin' on that.

Sorry to sound unappreciative and or grumpy, I'll claim Cabin Fever. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

I like this one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration