Locating places that sell Ethanol free gas in your area

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Locating places that sell Ethanol free gas in your area
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 12:16 am:

A search has shown that it has been several years since this very useful website has been posted on the forum and there are probably a lot of new members that have never seen it and may benefit from it. I checked and the two places that sell ethanol free gas in my area are listed. Jim Patrick

http://pure-gas.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 10:56 am:

Looks like a lot of them in my area are marinas. Gonna be hard to pull the T up to the pump. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Butler on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 10:58 am:

pure-gas also has an app for smart phones, making it easier to find on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 11:04 am:

All the places that are listed near me only sell
ethanol free gas in 5 gallon cans at$70.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Sieber on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

I have found several sources for ethanol-free in my state (of NC) other than Pure and in different grades, mostly 90-93 octane. I believe that http://pure-gas.org only list Pure-brand stations.
If you look online by major brand, you may find stations in your area that sell ethanol-free. I have at least 5 in a 25-mile radius from my rural home in Hillsborough. Three I found by asking car clubs, two by looking online and driving around.
Retail outlet behavior varies state-by-state. The abundance of car clubs in my region, as well as proximity to race tracks probably factor in as a demand for this product.
=rds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

Ronald:

"Pure Gas" is just the name of the website. Has nothing to do with a brand of gasoline.

It is operated by an individual. He depends on the general public to add, update or delete stations the website.

Therefore, the website is not 100% accurate or 100% complete.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

And, you may want to call the station ahead of your drive to insure that the information is accurate. There are several WalMarts or Sam's Club listed in the Atlanta area that do NOT sell clean gas. They may sell it as a camping fuel in the sporting goods section, but don't try to pull up to the gas pumps and find it.

Also, if you have a site that sells it, you can add the site to the PureGas site. But, the information is only as good as the people who enter it.

Try fuel wholesalers in your area as well. We have one a few miles away that sells retail and we fill up the T and The jeep and all our Jerry cans we are good for a season. The only gas to run in lawnmowers, weed trimmers, edgers, chain saws, etc., as it will not turn to glue like the ethynol will.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration