"Get a Horse!"-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: "Get a Horse!"-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 08:06 am:

See what happens when you don't drive a Ford:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 08:16 am:

It's a cute little Roadster. The trio are making it difficult to identify. The attire of driver and passenger stand out next to the outfits the helpers are wearing.
This does tell a story.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 09:14 am:

Thats the fanciest dern buggy we ever did see! You folks aint from round here is ya?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Buick model 10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 10:38 am:

Agreed. It's a 1908 Buick Model 10. Unusual to see one in an original photo with the top up and side curtains.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 11:18 am:

I think the teamster has done this before.If one looks at the rope tied so it can pull on two points of the car instead of one.A nice team with britchen's on the harness! If the spot in the road is bad enough this might be done over and over? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 11:34 am:

I'm guessing it broke down, or ran out of gas.
I don't see any mud on the tires, under the fenders, or on anybody's shoes.
But yes, if you had a "bad spot" in the lane near your farm, it could supply you with some extra income- so much so, you MIGHT be tempted to keep it in that condition by adding a few buckets of water now and then.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 11:40 am:

First time I remember seeing the mother-in-law included in the picture.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration