Ruckstell serial number

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ruckstell serial number
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Does it tell the date of manufacture or any other useful information? Are there separate series of numbers for car and truck axles? The particular unit in question is car axle #170117.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

This Ruckstell data plate is from my TT. It's different than the ones the venders sell, so perhaps the TT had its own design. I'm sure someone will set me straight...

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

I think that the serial number plates for 1925 and earlier are rectangular and the 1926 and later are clipped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

Car

Truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 06:30 pm:

As you can see, the plates with the clipped corners are made by Eaton Axle. They made both styles of axle housings. Mike Spaziano just had some of these made from an original plate I gave to him, and they came out quite nice. I believe this style of plate came out in 1925, probably the year Eaton purchased the manufacturing rights from Ruckstell. I like these housings, because Eaton worked out a deal with Ford, where they purchased the backing plates from Ford. Why do I like them? Because you can replace the brake cam bushing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration