FJ - Program Design Employment Opportunity At The Henry Ford Posted February 10th .....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - Program Design Employment Opportunity At The Henry Ford Posted February 10th .....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Florida Freighter Jim For Now on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 02:50 pm:

If you really want to change the direction of the Henry Ford:

Posted on February 10th .....

They are looking for:

General Manager-Program Design and Production (full time)

Visit @ https://www.thehenryford.org/about/employment/job-postings/?category=Venues+Admi nistration

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Florida Freighter Jim For Now on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Someone here should apply for this .....

Florida Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 08:25 pm:

lets send them FJ,he needs a real job.(G)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Florida Freighter Jim For Now on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

No,

I would spend my days wandering in the museum & walking the streets .....

I would bring back the practice of tarring & feathering.

I am not the right person .....

Florida Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

And for all that experience and expertise, I don't see a salary range listed. . . .
Under "Functions, #12 covers a multitude of sins--for instance, my job was "Museum Curator" but under, #12, I also managed the performing arts center when that staff member moved on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 11:52 pm:

David you might have to be related to someone to have a chanch?? Far too many times being someones brother in law is more important as i think we see with the new and improved ocf!! Stay dry! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 12:48 am:

Kenneth speaks truth!
Especially in the museum field!
Still think it's interesting that they don't mention any salary range! Maybe it's not important because they already know who they want!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 01:31 am:

I actually skimmed over the list, looked again, again, then again and the words "goals", "team", "team player" and "performance evaluations" came up too many times for this old soul.
I've been mentally burned at a place that changed to saying things like this and have issues with such. Hence my rant. Sorry Jim.
This "New Speak" is too much for me.
Get it? ;-) I looked and had it "84"% correct and shivered.
Is this a timely job posting? "Reports to the vice President of Venues." (OCF and MM?)??
I have issues with almost all of the 12 points except 7 (oops-NOT) and 9 (dang it, "teams"). I dislike their wording for it all.
12? Duh.
Jim, please excuse this rant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 03:20 am:

These are the modern buzz words. They can mean many things;
1)Yes man (the boss is always right, then you're a team player)
2)There's a lot of turmoil going on
3)The folks "in the trenches" are really unhappy
4)This position is a political football and you will be bounced around a lot with demands to do this or that.
Sign me; also Mentally burned, even probably have some Post Traumatic Stress from it (if I realize I have it, do I have it??--honest, I don't know!).
Or as the robot said, "WARNING! DANGER Will Robinson DANGER!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 09:39 am:

Forget all the job description tasks and functions. Forget all the team building and goal settting and warm, fuzzy, soft job aspects.

This position will be about one thing and one thing only . . .

RAISE MONEY!

How you do it is up to you. The person selected for the job will not be a book nerd or a grease stained former plant manager, it will be a Dodge, Ford, Young, Hubbard, Riley, old money, well connected person.

JMO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Yes, they will conduct a "nationwide search" for the "most qualified" person and give them a huge salary because "that's what it takes to attract the kind of person needed for the job." Then after a few years of making big changes that do nothing but piss people off, (such as the OCF,) and doing costly "efficiency and management studies," this person will move on and they will do another search and hire another stuffed shirt at an even higher salary. Happened over and over where I worked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

Under "Special Skills" it says: the ability to establish service-oriented, helpful relationships with THF staff, partners, and constituents...

Ya, "establish helpful relationships with.........
Constituents" That's us - car guys, and do they ever need help with that!!!!

It seems to me that with all the changes to OCF & MM, and with an opening for a position like this, that there's lots more happening at THF than we know about.

Just my opinion...

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

Jeff,

From what I understand about The Henry Ford's salary structure, they do not pay anyone a "huge salary".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Florida Freighter Jim For Now on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

I ran across this Dissertation & posted a separate thread on the forum about it this afternoon ....

@ http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/727004.html?1487364176

I think every prospective applicant should read it as well as the Board Of Directors of The Henry Ford.

Occasionally it helps to check the Rear View Mirror when navigating the Road Of Life ....

Florida Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 06:30 pm:

Any "job description" that contains words such as, "........and other duties as directed" should be avoided!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 11:44 pm:

Very wise is Harold, Grasshopper!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration