Speedster Rally attendance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Speedster Rally attendance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

I'm saving my nickels and dimes in the hope of attending the Speedster Rally at Lincoln Nebraska in June. Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, I'm planning to have my Speedster with me! I've got my motel reservations made and I moved my Speedster into the shop to start making it presentable to the public. I've got a couple questions:

Are any others from Minnesota going?

I've got a stock motor in the car, am I going to have problems keeping up while on the tour? Downhill, off a cliff, with a good wind pushing I can run all the way up to 45 mph.

It appears I need to send in a registration form and some money. When I try to download the form it seems they're not available yet? Or, am I doing something wrong?

While there is it standard operating procedure to leave the cars at the site overnight? Is there security?

What am I forgetting to ask?

I'm excited to attend this event, I've not been away from the house for any length of time since 2012. I seem to recall an area in Lincoln that is dedicated to the past. Is this something worth spending time on (if it actually exists, my memory isn't so sharp anymore)?

Thank you,

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

We're planning on going. I'm not sure if I will have my Gow Job ready by then, but we will take the Touring along either way for the tours.

I haven't made any reservations yet. Where are others staying?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

I'm a few miles away at a Best Western. It's a bit spendy but like I said it's been years. I want to enjoy myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

I am sure it is too early to register, but you can always contact Richard Johnston at Speedway Motors and he will advise you. Rich is an excellent host. rsjohnston@speedwaymotors.com

I have been there twice and hope to go again this year. There is a designated Hotel where most of us stay, TownePlace Suites by Marriot Lincoln North, 7353 Husker Circle, Lincoln, 68504, and we just leave the cars parked in the hotel parking lot overnite. If you are concerned about your car you can leave it in the Speedway Motors parking area.

In the past they have had two tours, one is longer for the faster cars and the other for the slower cars. We make 2-3 stops so you should have no problem keeping up. Everyone stops for lunch at the same place.

Wednesday is registration and on your own tour of Speedway Motors awesome museum. Dinner at the museum.

Road tour is Thursday.

Hill climb is Friday.

Sat AM is testing your car on the Dyno. Banquet that night.

Go to www.museumofamericanspeed.com and click on events.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 11:26 pm:

Go, you will love it if you like good food and friends as well as a bunch of very nice cars. They drive along at 35 to 35 miles an hour with short bursts of speed to show off from time to time. Take a camera because a lot of stuff happens every day. Here is me in the pits on race day. I no longer own the car due to ill health but it came in first in class T4.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 12:02 am:

Frank, I've been watching and have remained impressed with your blue Speedster for a few years now. It's representative of what many of us are attempting to have.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration