T's in paradise

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: T's in paradise
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 11:47 pm:

OK, I have been challenged with finding a T or something T related while in Hawaii this next week. Wherever I have been it seems that I have been able to find something. Let me know if there are any Model T's on the Big Island or at least something T related so that I do not have to go to our next meeting empty handed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 12:15 am:

When I was there back in June to visit my wife's sister and also for my nephew's wedding the closest I could find to anything near the T era was a hit and miss engine at a antique shop on the main drag through Kealakekua. The shop owner said he would let it go reasonable but the shipping back to the mainland was the deal killer. He also had some fairly nice tin original battery and tire signs. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Florida Freighter Jim For Now on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 12:22 am:

So Dale ...

You are going to be in Hawaii next week ?

You Lucky Dog !

Florida Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 12:40 am:

Dale,
Big Island more betta! You on Kona or Hilo side? There is a guy in Hilo with a Model A coupe, at least he was there --uh oh--12 years ago! Oh! Check out the train museum south of Hilo, I believe they had a little T doodlebug. Rats, I can't find any of my pictures.
You might try calling the Parker Ranch museum too.
Aloha!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 01:46 am:

Kona side for 7 full days, meetings out by noon every day and then all day Friday and Saturday on our own. What kind of things at the Parker Museum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 07:00 am:

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMRA3X_1923_Model_T_Ford_Touring_Car_Lahaina_ Maui_HI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Jim if he finds a Model T can you haul it back for him?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 11:14 am:

I've got a friend in Hilo with a Model T. He bought a 1925 roadster body from me. He folded it up and took it home on a commercial flight back to Hilo. I laughed when he showed me the photo at baggage check. The body was card boarded, taped, stacked and wrapped and was only 10" tall. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Check out the Hawaiian Model T song.
I first heard a version of it at a coffee house jam session on Molokai a couple weeks ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3aSetgtSaI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

I saw this one on Maui
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

Love the Model T Song, Kirk. I wonder is the music at the Luau will take special requests...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Found more model A and v8 ford items but T's
Not much
May I suggest check the clubs roster.
I have seen number of movies filmed there
With lots of model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

Might send a message to "Pacific Aviation Museum"
On Fords Island at Pearl harbor.
Let's us know your findings

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 11:44 pm:

Dale,
Been way too long since I was there, I don't remember, but the Parker ranch has been around a LOOOONG time. There was something, I don't remember just what up towards Capt Cook near the "little Grass Shack" as a prop. There's lots of stuff to see, not all of it touristy. One-Step-Two-Step is a very nice place to snorkel, especially if you don't like swimming or aren't comfortable with swimming--even my wife enjoyed it--and a sea turtle bumped into her! Its right near downtown on Ali Drive
Don't know what to recommend for eating, probably the places we went are gone by now!
A trip to Volcano is very interesting too, I believe its pretty active right now.
There is a local Hula show at the Keauhou shopping center in the village one day a week, I forget what day, as I recall, free and just local folks.
The place of refuge is a neat park too, and one can snorkel in some spots there. Both parks have nice places to have a picnic or BBQ too, if you're so in mind. The Painted Church is near the Place of Refuge too.
To get to Hilo, take the Saddle Road, yes you're not supposed to drive a rented car there, I think they think mainlanders don't know how to drive two-lane country roads. If you go that way, check out Rainbow falls and Akaka falls is amazing (short walk to it)
I'm a history nut, so we found Lapakahi State Historical Park interesting--oh and right downtown is the Royal Palace run by the local historical society.
So much to do and see--you need more time!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Linda just handed me her journal--that beach I called one-step-two-step is Kahalu'u Beach. I also noted that trip was in 2006--so it has been a Looong time! We were a lot younger then too. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 12:45 am:

Thanks, David, we will be sure to check out some of those places.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration