OHV Cam recommendations

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OHV Cam recommendations
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 01:58 am:

I'm running a Rajo 4 valve head, domed pistons, dual exhaust, dual intake with two Zenith S4BF carburetors (hoping to get my hands on two U&Js and see what that does). Currently have a Stipe .280 cam, but wondering what cam I could run that would give the most top end. Exhaust valves are a 351W.

What says the speedster crowd? Would I notice a difference with a .300 lift full race cam? I think that's about the biggest thing that will fit without modifying the block. And if so, where could I get one of those?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 02:18 am:

What type of RAJO 4v do you have, original or repro? Originals had 1:1 rockers and would benefit from higher lift, but many repros has 1:1.5 rockers and should have plenty of lift with a std cam already.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 08:01 am:

I would have to check but my Mom's speedster shes using an A cam with the lobes knocked down and 1.5" rockers (8V Rajo, previously 8V roof). For my T Ive got a custom grind from crower based on the T winfield masters he has.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 10:36 am:

Seth, you might check with Stan Howe and see if he has any U&J carbs, they are $1000.00 each.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

Tom Carnegie sells a .300 lift cam that is regrind on a stock cam core. It has been the cam of choice in the MT 500 for years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

Bill Stipe grinds a .290 lift cam. I have read it lacks in low end torque but gets after it on the top end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Penserini - Sacramento Calif on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 12:04 am:

Everyone I know who has a decent running F head is using a dual pattern cam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 12:19 am:

That's a little more like what I'm talking about - surely there's gotta be a way to maximize what I've got.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration