Correct Drag Link Length For A 15 Wide Track

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Correct Drag Link Length For A 15 Wide Track
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

A friends 1915 Wide Track touring, the steering will easily over center in one direction. I measured the Drag Link and it is 32-7/8" long (Across Center Of Ball Sockets). What is the Drag Link length on other early Wide Tracks? Also, length of Pitman arm?
Did the Wide Track use the same length Pitman arm as my 13 touring.
Thanks,
Les Von Nordheim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

Bump- I would like to know too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 11:31 pm:

Mid teens parts books give no measurements but 12/13 do, but a little fuzzy to read.
60"
axle 55"-15/16" C to C
spindle con rod 51"-53/64"? C to C
steer gear connector 1/2" x 30"-1/2"
Pitman arms are listed only as the one for both.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration