Contacts for Stutzman,s

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Contacts for Stutzman,s
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

Could someone please give me Stutzman's Phone number. Thank You

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

Stutzman's
33656 CR 12
Baltic, OH 43804
330-897-1391

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 06:49 pm:

Thank You, 6 minutes to get a response is fast. The MTFCA forum is great

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

Leave a phone message, he will get back with you. They do fabulous work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 07:32 pm:

Bruce, if you plan to drive there, get in touch with me, I can give you detailed directions. Been there many times, I can get there now without reading mine! It's very close to Guggisberg Cheese on 557, south of it about 10 minutes, down on C.R. 12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 10:32 pm:

Curious to know why you dont pick anyone in PA ? Closer to you . I heard of a few good ones . I think one in New Holland ? Amish country...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Actually, I have not decided where I want to have my wheels rebuilt. I have looked at Calimer's in Waynesboro, PA. Their wait time of 4 -6 months was longer than I expected. I want to call Stutzman's and see what they say. To take them myself is about 10 Hours to Baltic, OH or about 8 hours to Calimer's in Waynesboro. In either case I would probably ship them. I most certainly would consider somewhere closer if anybody has a suggestion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 09:49 am:

William you're almost 6 of one and half dozen of the other. Depending on when you drop yours off in relation to his "waiting batch" your lead time could be as little as 4 weeks and as long as 3 months. I think 3 months was the longest for me. Last two wheels were about 6 weeks which actually surprised me. I think Noah is also a wee bit less costly than most. And of course, you HAVE to stop in for the best baby swiss cheese around!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

What kind of prep. should we do before sending out to shop ? sand blast , powder coat , paint ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

I would sandblast the rims (fix any sharp spots on bead)along with the hubs, including chasing the hubcap threads. Seal them with a good sealer (such as PPG's DP urethane sealer), then send off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 02:46 pm:

And the last quote i had was for $175. is that still good ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

And what about the wood ... does he gives any prime or paint ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 03:10 pm:

Yes, sandblast the metal parts and get them ready to use. I shot a coat of primer on mine. I also failed to pay attention and sent one rim that was warped. Fortunately Noah caught it and had me send him a good one. I sent all the metal parts except the rivets and valve stem tubes, and he supplied those. The cost worked out to $223.50 per wheel, but that includes shipping. I don't have the cost without shipping handy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

Can i powder coat all metal before send to him ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 11:18 am:

I talked to Noah Stutzman, got a price of $155.00 per wheel, which is very reasonable, I think. He can do the sand blasting but charges $50 per wheel to do it. I will do my own blasting and priming. My question is, do you paint the inside of the brake drums ? I would think not but thought I would ask.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 11:22 am:

I paint the flat part of the inside for corrosion protection, but mask off the inner rim where the brake shoes run.

If you plan to run AC or other external band brakes, also mask off the outer rim where the brake band runs. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

Thanks Mark, the advice on masking off the outer rim for AC Brakes is something I hadn't thought of, I am planning to use AC Brakes.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration