Fire call in a T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fire call in a T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

As you know I just finished rear axle along with a bunch of other things. Took her out for a run and fuel. I was on the way home when it happened. The fire page went out and I was seven miles out. Called the wife to see if she could meet me and take the T home. She said she would rather not!!! So I continued . Made the scene right after another department arrived. Parked and began to help. The driver of mutual aid department came over and said I thought you were a buggy when I came up behind you. Thats why he killed the siren. 1st time I made a fire run in the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

Dallas I've made a few in mine, never a quick response but normally quicker to go to scene than back home or to station.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 12:15 am:

:-) Don't know what else to say other than I'd bet you'll have do it again like Brian. Good on you guys!
Dallas, you're "That Guy" now... That's a good thing in my book. :-) Own it. :-)

My wife has NO interest in learning these machines either...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 07:37 am:

I have never went to the scene in one, it is against our SOP's to go to any scene, especially fires in our personal vehicles. We are allowed to go to medicals, if we are driving by en-route to the station; sorry thread drift.

I have gone to the station many times, in one of our T's, guys are usually surprised when I get there before I do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Andy, we have the same SOP,s but Im an officer soone of us usually make the scene for size up. This was on my way to firehouse anyway. The reason for SOP,s are that years ago all firemen showed up at house fire and nobody brought the truck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 11:16 am:

Best looking fire fighting rig on scene Dallas, Love those wheels. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

I think so to Harv. The wheels are seeing alot of miles. The kids on FD rib me about the T but then they ask a bunch of questions. Im setting the hook and they dont even know it. Not really kis but young firefighters. You guys get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 01:32 pm:

I have seen Volunteer Fire-fighters show up on motorcycles, bicycles, horses, and even a mule. but i don't ever remember them showing up in a "T". Good Job Dallas! BTW When I showed up to fight a fire it was running....Shipboard where everybody is a fire-fighter!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 01:39 pm:

"...guys are usually surprised when I get there before I do."

Andy, I think if I saw you beat yourself to the station, I'd be surprised too.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

Good Point Dick, I need to not post before breakfast or proof read better.

Dallas, An officer, I'll have to remember to salute when we meet!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration