Need help getting pictures on the forum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need help getting pictures on the forum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

I am having trouble with my Mac getting pictures to the right size (250KB) in order to upload them to the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Open the picture in "Preview"

Click "Tools"

Scroll down to and click "Adjust Size"

Decrease the width until desired pixels are achieved. If "scale proportionally" is checked, the height will adjust accordingly.

Note: save a copy of your original photo and adjust the size of the copy so you can keep the original as is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Thanks Erik,Galen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 11:47 pm:

I do as Erik says, except I adjust the height instead of the width. Anything over 720 pixels high is too tall to fit my screen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 11:26 am:

Steve,Good info to have.thanks, gw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

I shouldn't have referred to Pixels.

I do my adjustments by percentage, not Pixels, until it gets to the desired file size.

Screen #1 shot below: when the original photo is opened in Preview, the height and width are 100% and the size is 2.4 MB.

Screen shot #2: I had to adjust the width down to 28% (the height also automatically adjusts to 28% because the scale proportionally box is checked) to get the size down to 248 KB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 02:46 pm:

Percent or pixels will give you different numbers for the height/width adjustment, but they get you to the same place. With the Mac setup you can usually get exactly 250 KB, but sometimes one or two KB under. With Windows there's no Resulting Size given and you have to guess and do it over if you come out over 250 KB or way under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 03:12 pm:

I like using percentage because it's easier on my brain.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration