Building a C Cab

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Building a C Cab
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

My winter project is to get rid of the 23 Turtle Deck and add a peddler's box like this one but a little bigger.

My T has no top and then I saw a picture of a C Cab,I started to get inspired.
Has anyone turned a Roadster or in my case a chopped touring into a C Cab?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 04:07 pm:

The C Cab from this site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

Would love to have that large driver's side spotlight for my "C" Cab !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

Neil, good idea with the transition to the "Peddler's Box", that is really sharp !!! Be sure to post pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 04:26 pm:

I have seen some photos of add-on boxes that had a C-cab roof over the driver. They kept the Roaster body as is. Perhaps someone can find a picture like that.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 04:51 pm:

Take a look at my pie wagon body for sale on the ad page. Might work for what you want to do.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/725700.html?1487478271 Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 06:17 pm:

Im a carpenter/cabinet maker for 40 years. Building what I want is no problem. Finding what I want to build has taken some time.
Peddlers box is all drawn up, and ready to start fabricating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

Neil I biult that C cab for a good friend most of the cab panels are 1/2" exterior grade ply with steel reinforcements.
The hood former is made of wood as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 10:00 am:

Here is a photo of a roadster with an add on C-cab body:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 10:04 am:

It looks like they mod a Ford tire carrier to mount on the running board. Can some one get a closer view of that carrier? Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 10:39 am:

Nice find Wayne. Here is another one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 11:11 am:

I do like this last example better, more elegant curve on the C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Neil it's your car so you can do whatever makes you happy, but it would be hard for me to replace a body that looks as good as that with a C-cab.
But I'm not a fan of C-cabs or speedsters. Just my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

If I were to do a C cab, it would be a copy of the one Wayne posted--that's just too cool. As for the sidemount, various companies bought Ford tire carriers and modified them for running board mountings, here's the one on Barney;

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

My favorite cab

Next winters project

This is the box that I'm building.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration