1922 Coupe Fender/Splash Apron Problem. Help Please!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1922 Coupe Fender/Splash Apron Problem. Help Please!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

The hole you see in the photo, (which has a white piece of paper in it) which is present on both sides of the car, has been created by either an incorrect part or improper placement of the fender, splash apron, or hood shelf.

It appears that all three of these parts have been mounted correctly.

How can I determine the cause of this problem?

Thanks.

photo of 1922 Coupe Fender/Splash Apron Problem

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

Well, I am no expert on '22 coupes per se. Ford never did try to get the "fit" and the "finish" "just so" on the black era Ts. I think most of them have a bit of a gap in that location.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dunlap - Orlando, Florida on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

Funny you should bring this up. My son pointed out that same kind of gap yesterday on my 1924 Coupe. I've always thought it was supposed to be that way. The gap is on both sides. My son had never noticed it before yesterday. So, I do not have an answer for you other than to say it is that way on at least one other Coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Thanks guys. I guess that is one less problem for me to worry about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

My '22 Centerdoor has the same gap and it came that way straight from the factory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 07:20 pm:

Ah, I see the problem--you have a white piece of paper behind the hole! A black piece would solve the problem!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 07:20 pm:

Val mine is exactly the same also...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

I have an '18 centerdoor that is original that has never been restored. I will check it tomorrow and see if it too has the same hole. Good stuff guys, this has been informative.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration