Did anyone go to the Early Bird Swap Meet?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Did anyone go to the Early Bird Swap Meet?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

Who did you see there?
What sort of treasures did you find?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

I didn't go but got a 28 Chevrolet exhaust manifold from up there. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

I went but all they had was worms and crickets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 12:08 am:

I was there both yesterday and today, as well as a pretty good representation from our local club, the Carbon Canyon Model T Club as we had two vendor booths in Steve Tomaso's old spot (Steve's T Works). A half dozen of us sort of took turns "minding the store", and I even helped a bit, now and then, as we all took turns spelling each other off which gave us all a chance to do some "shopping". I have to say, from my own observation, there were not quite as many there this year, and I'm thinking that as the Early Bird Swap Meet usually attracts people from all over the Pacific Northwest, it might have been some problems with some recent weather related damage to I-5 north of Vancouver that discouraged some folks from SW Washington and Oregon from attending. I did wear my "Model T Forum" hat, hoping to run into a few of the Forum guys, however, the only one I saw was Stan Howe. Stan was pretty busy, giving Bill Bender's "inventory" a pretty good "once over" and at the time, had portions of a Ruckstell pretty well spread out all over the table. Was a bit surprised to see Stan, but I'm thinking that besides visiting friends and family in our area, I'm guessing that he's had just about enough "REAL WINTER" over there in Montana! As far as my own "shopping", I only picked up a couple pretty neat tool items and a heater type exhaust manifold for my Model A. Kind of "mediocre" weather, which was somewhat nastier than predicted on Saturday, but considerably better than predicted for today (Sunday). I'm sure that the weather did nothing to encourage attendance either! All in all, it was a great swap meet as always,......FWIW,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 12:51 am:

The Puyallup Swap meet has traditionally been held when the weather is
predictably extra-awful. No surprises there !

Not like you swamp dwellers get much of a choice. With 600 days of rain
eash year, you are guaranteed a wet and cold experience for any outdoor
event one might schedule !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

I'm thinking our moss crop is second to none though. Our longer growing season of 600 days a year gives us a unique advantage over most parts of the country. I was out non-swap meet shopping and picked up a spare A crank motor/trans as well as a Rajo 35 head that I'll be selling once I get around to cleaning things up and getting some photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 02:08 pm:

I went. I took Items to sell. Sold only the small trinkets, took home all the big money items. I personally came back with nothing I purchased. I was amazed by the large number of yard sale items this year. Kind of an off year in my opinion.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

Mike, where were you??? I never saw you or your stuff?

There wasnt much t stuff and what there was was hard to find. Not much i was interested in but i did find two brass carbs and a very nice ruckstell.

I saw a few people i knew but not many. Enjoyed the days anyway.

Anybody need a nice big drum ruckstell? 3 to one gears, complete u joint to axles, right out of a running driving touring car. From a portland estate. 406 949 3448. Stanhowemt@AOL.COM

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration