Treasures From My '24

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Treasures From My '24
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 08:25 pm:

I pulled the hogshead this afternoon and found some treasures.

- Lone Star Beer box used as the hogshead gasket. Best match I can find online for this logo is the Lone Star Beer logo from around the time of the late 1940's.

- cotton work shirt used as the gasket at the front of the hogshead

- actual cotton from the field jammed into the transmission mounts.

All farm items...maintaining the car with what what was on hand.
Just makes me love this old car more. I'm going to put all this stuff in a shadow box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

Wow cool store. None like that for my cars. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

My side curtains were wrapped up in newspaper from July 15,1964. Richard Nixon and Barry Goldwater were headed to the Republican convention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

Before I bought my 18 touring, it was last driven to Massillon Ohio to see George Wallace, then parked until 2003. There were several Wallace for President bumper stickers and metal buttons under the rear seat.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration