22 coupe sheet metal question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 22 coupe sheet metal question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

I have removed the gas tank from the turtle deck to repair a leak. The sheet metal below the sediment bulb and gas line appears to have been cut away to allow more room to access the drain and valve leaving a rather large (8x8 inch )hole. Was there ever a removable plate to partially fill that hole around the sediment bulb that would have been removable? It seems that there would have been a lot of dust coming into the car with that large of an opening in the floor. Any info would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

My 21 coupe has the same large hole with no cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 08:15 pm:

Thanks Jim. I am sure they are all alike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 06:20 am:

Galen,

Sorry I haven't kept in touch. My Coupe also had the large hole. One is the battery the other for the bulb.
The new floor pan I made does not have the correct rib markings in it, Fords were an "X" design, I just ran my ribs straight for ease of construction. The bondo covers the spot welds before painting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 06:27 am:

Should say the spot welds are for attaching the metal bracing and cross member channel

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration