1919-20 Rear Mount Tire Carrier- Photos Needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1919-20 Rear Mount Tire Carrier- Photos Needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Magyor-Northwestern, Pa. on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

I need to make the ends of the mounting brackets that are missing on a 1919-20 tire carrier. This style carrier would be used for Kelsey #88 rims. A photo taken of a bracket end looking straight down and another clearly showing the profile of the bent tab should be enough for me to make a pattern from. Here are a few photos and a question about the carrier that I have.

I should mention the stampings I found on the carrier. On the rim section near the top is Detroit Carrier & Manufacturing along with a patent number too faint to read. Down near the threaded lug is C 1486. The last two digits aren't confirmed as they are pitted to the point of being hard to see. The driver side bracket arm is stamped FORD along the outside surface.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Magyor-Northwestern, Pa. on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 08:12 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration