Pulling Driven Gear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Pulling Driven Gear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 09:25 am:

Got an original Ford driven gear puller on Etsy a couple of weeks ago. Took me a while to figure out how to hold the drums until I realized you only have to hold the puller. So nice to have the right tool for the job. If there's anyone in the Rochester/Buffalo/Syracuse area who needs to pull a driven gear in the future they're welcome to come by and borrow this tool.

puller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:32 am:

That's how I do it too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

I was looking at the Service Manual and trying to figure out how to hold the drums. Duh ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

I learned that trick years ago. Hold the puller instead of the drum. Its so simple but hard to see. Man did I struggle until it dawned on me about 50 years ago.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration