Is this carb/ intake combo right?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Is this carb/ intake combo right?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 09:52 am:

I saw this on eBay. Is this carburetor supposed to bolt to a vaporizer manifold? Don't know how it would get gas without a pump, maybe with the cowl mounted tank? It has new bolts so it may just be somebody's idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 10:02 am:

Thats what I ran (slightly different carb model) on my speedster. It was combined with a low head, model A cam, distributor, and oil pump. Ran great although I did have a fuel pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 10:34 am:

Cory,

Yes, it's a vaporizer intake, but should work great as shown. Actually, you would probably need to flip the manifold over and also use the vaporizer style exhaust manifold. An earlier exhaust would not clear that intake if it were used as shown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Jerry
It does clear a stock T exhaust manifold (non vaporizer). At least it did on my speedster. This one taken apart you will find an adapter plat made that adapts the more horizontal bolts on the manifold to verticle bolts on the carb. This plate will be about 1/4 inch with machine flat head screws holding it into the manifold so the heads wont obstruct the carburetor bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Its a little difficult to see, this was the best picture I could find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:15 am:

I'm also using a vaporizer intake upside down with a SU carb on my primitive pickup. An adapter plate for attachment of the carb and some grinding needed to clear the exhaust manifold. I added a vacuum tank for better fuel delivery after this picture was taken:

kkkk

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration