We used a two jaw puller, a long wrench and a lot of heat to finally remove this clutch Disc Drum. In the end it was warped beyond future use. Turned out there were two burrs on the shaft that were binding the assembly.
I would wager that the shaft is toast too.
Maybe ... but I have a couple extra. I filed off the burrs and went over it with emery paper. Looks fine and doesn't bind.
Mark I had a clutch drum warped like yours that I threw away a few weeks ago. I removed it years ago and it was super tough to move until I used a 5 ft. cheater bar on a break over handle and socket with my original Ford clutch drum puller. It didn't hurt the Ford puller but the drum looked like a boat after I got through with it!
This one took two days. We warped it on the first try, then let it rest. The next day I used a longer handled socket wrench on the puller and that did the trick. Amazing that a little burr could cause so much trouble. I guess the shaft shouldn't be completely loose, but based on the period illustrations it should come right off with minimal effort.
it looks so easy here!