Don Meadows Museum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Don Meadows Museum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 10:07 am:

Is the Don Meadows Ford Museum open to the public?
Thx,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

I am not aware of it ever being open to the public, however Don was extremely generous to his Model T friends. Don was quite a Model T enthusiast, had a great T collection, and someone I am very glad to have known.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

Thanks Dave:
My understanding was that Don had opened a formal museum near Nashville. It would be great to see this collection if this is possible.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

Scott,

From previous threads:

Pictures from 2012:

@ http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/320914.html

" The high point of Sunday was a visit to the car collection of Don Meadow's in White Bluff, TN about 38 miles from Franklin.

What we came upon was amazing. Meadows had just completed a new metal building that had to be 100 feet wide and over 200 feet deep.

He then moved in all of his cars just for us to see. What was in this building was mostly Model A's and Model T's.

We're not talking small time here; I mean a lot of cars. How about four 1909 Model T's; how about three Model A mail trucks; and on and on it went.

There was a scattering of other cars in the new building. It appears that he was buying everything he saw – a lot of the cars still had the “lot numbers” from his auction purchases.

The big building was overwhelming in itself, but there were other buildings, sheds, and containers.

The smaller buildings were packed fender to fender with cars. In one was a 1908 Model “S” Ford and a 1906 Ford.

There was a shed full of wheels and rims; sheds full of barn fresh incomplete cars; containers of old Ford sheet metal – what a candy store. "

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

Yep...that's one. I would like to visit this museum, if this is possible. Anybody know status?
Thx,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

You do realize that Don died don't you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 07:59 am:

Scott,

Sent you a PM with a possible contact phone number & address.

Good Luck !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 08:42 am:

WOW, the black and brass tourabout in the picture link was stunning

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 09:10 am:

I did not find any auction listings for the surrounding area - I don't know if any of the Model T's are still in the family or if the family is willing to part with any of them.

If anyone else wants the contact information I found - send me a PM.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson, Salty Bottom, AL on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 09:46 am:

FYI- On October 8, 1998 The Tennessee T's Model T Club was officially formed. Don and his wife were part of the initial group that founded our club.

Read about it: http://tennesseets.weebly.com/about.html

In 2014 we visited Don on a tour based out of Waverly, TN and everyone was amazed. Then, last Fall one of our members hosted a tour in the Hurricane Mills area, which is near Don's museum, and he was planning a stop so our newer members could see his collection, but was told that it was not open for visitors. Check though, the status may have changed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

The "1910" T Touring is interesting. It was probably made after the start of the 1911 model year. The head and side lights are 1911 style. The coil box is a 1914 type. It is common for 1909-1913 Ts to have had the wood coil box replaced with one that took the later KW coil. My 1910 has a 1915 coil box. I have a 1911 wood box with original coils that I plan to use.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration