What is this thing ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What is this thing ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

I'm detailing the engine bay and this bracket was attached to the frame rail opposite of the carburetor .
I've seen references to before here with pics but for the life of me can't remember what it's called or used for . Looks like a return spring attachment of some sort.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

I don't believe that's a Model T part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Looks like something someone made for a purpose that suited them. It used to have a 90 degree bend in it before someone took a BFH to it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

Its sort of close in appearance to the gas line hold down piece that's on the carburetor side. But its not what it is. Something that got added for some reason years ago. It doesn't look like a 'T' part that I've ever seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 02:41 am:

It's a piece of "Clipner Rigging" of course...your dad needed something to stand off the frame so he could bolt it up. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 05:55 am:

Looks like something that would be handy to attach a spring to.For keeping choke open,for pulling choke rod back in,gawd knows what.But they wanted it there for something,not just the helluvit.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration