My Build Thread on FordBarn

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: My Build Thread on FordBarn
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

For those who're interested in following along as I revive the '24 Touring barn car....

I created a build thread on FordBarn. While this forum is great for technical questions and because of the large numbers of visitors, the configuration of FordBarn forum is more conducive to an ongoing thread than this one is.

Here's a link to it.

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215273

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

Great story, sounds like you know what you're doing. The story of your grandfather should really prompt the guys who consider changing glass as the last thing to do. Have fun with your project, Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 12:15 am:

Thanks Don.

And yes, everyone needs to swap out that plate glass....no amount of originality/correctness is worth dying over.

As for the car, I've built some vastly more complicated cars....one of them a nut and bolt, frame off build.

So even though there's a lot on a T that's different from a "normal" car I do feel comfortable jumping right in. It helps that I've had this potential build in my head for a very long time and know exactly what I want the end result to be as well as the process to get there.

It also helps to have a stellar forum like this one to learn from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 02:24 am:

Don, yeah, but I can look at the pictures here, I can't over on the Fordbarn! @!#!! Dial up connection!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

While I'm not on dial up I agree with David and hope you decide to post the thread here as well. It's been done successfully by others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

I really appreciate this forum and the forum members....a truly helpful lot of folks.

So....I'll post updates/photos in both places.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration