What is going on here?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What is going on here?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 11:02 am:

What is going on here?

http://rlkitterman.deviantart.com/art/1913-Ford-Model-T-Roadster-632909319

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 11:09 am:

It's in Paris. Local bodies were made for Model T's sold in France due to high import duties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Weirdest windshield I've ever seen & I don't like the cowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 11:51 am:

What are the tie down hooks on the front fenders for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Just the latest style at the time. Even some vehicles here were bodied with that cowl feature.

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

Dean, maybe the straps for the top fastened there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

Layden, Your motor is missing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

Wasn't there a 13 touring car pic posted a few days ago with that same cowl? It didn't have the same windshield though

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

Some, not all, model Ts sent to England and Europe were just the chassis from the USA. Often the bodies, and sometimes the fenders, were made locally in the UK or on the continent. The details and trends changed often, and were affected by many factors in Europe (including the outbreak of the "Great War").
The car at the site (link posted by Rick C) looks very typical of English or European brass era model Ts.

(It would be nice if someone better than I could do a copy and paste of that picture and post it here?)

I always liked the variations of model Ts from around the world.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

I'll try

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

Well I may be biased, but I would have to say that the U.S. made 1913's are much more attractive. I'd almost go as far as to say this one is fugly....but that is just my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 03:52 am:

There were aftermarket cowls for the brass era T's that are very similar to the one that Dennis posted that have been posted on here before. I have even seen a T toy that has that same type of cowl. There was a '14 (I think) that sold near a few years ago that had one of those. I think they were sold as an "improvement" for the brass era cars. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 04:21 am:

Thank you Dennis S!! Now we can all see this (I think) interesting car. Whether we like it or not.
And I do like it! I won't say I like it more or less than the standard USA '13 runabout. I like them a lot! I just like this one a little different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 04:29 am:

It's almost like it was a step between the '14 and '15 style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 06:57 am:

here is an English Touring very similar
pomb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 04:49 am:

Peter K, Interesting how we get so used to all those little details that tell us what year a model T is. Then we see something like the British tourer you show, and most of those identifying markers are GONE! I am guessing '13 or '14.
It looks like it has an Automobile Club Medallion mounted on the radiator neck. Do you recognize it?
The roadster above, and the tourer look to me to have likely been supplied by the same body and/or fender companies. Windshields are different in details, but the cowls are very similar as well as the vents in the firewall corners. The curves at the top of the doors are close to alike, as are the fenders front and rear.
I cannot tell for certain, but it looks like neither car has the demountable spoke wheels used on a lot of British model Ts in the brass era. Usually, the hub bolts stand out enough to be seen if they are there. The front tires do appear to be 30X3 1/2, as most Canadian, and I think British model Ts were.
Do you know where the license F F.220 would have been assigned to?
Wonderful photos! Thank you all.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration