Re-Spoking Wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Re-Spoking Wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 11:52 am:

I'm probably going to build the Fun Projects jig and re-spoke my the wheels on my '24 Touring.

They're the 21" wheels with steel felloes.

I've heard there are minor differences in spokes and that they don't all fit wheels from different manufacturers. Is this true?

Any other advice for me as I start stockpiling supplies for this project?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

Yes, that's true. Check with Lang's as to the minor differences and they'll get you steered right.

Also buy a full set of the GOOD grade hub bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 01:50 pm:

Don if you have the latest Langs catalog most if not all the information you'll need is in their catalog page 30.

Hopefully your car has matching steel felloe's. Your felloes will determine what kind of spokes you'll need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

I ordered a Lang's catalog when I bought the car but they're backordered on them for the time being.

Is there a stamping/part#/etc on the steel felloes that I can look for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 03:01 pm:

Wheel types:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/115355.html?1259450979

AND:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/238915.html

(Message edited by adave on February 22, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

Shucks...
you will need to copy and paste the second link...I did something wrong, as it is not a "live link".

Good information for you on both threads. Enjoy !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration