Tire gauge question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Tire gauge question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

I have 2 tire gauges the first is what Dad had in the 1912 T std Schrader pat 1914 but the second is a Steven no5 pat applied for I can not find anything on the net or ebay Is it before or after the Schrader unit I have found 4 in the house all the same no 5 Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

Someone will be along shortly to tell you that they are tire meters, not gages.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

Those are both very common tire gauges. The Schrader is worth $5 - $10 if it works. The Stevens is maybe $10 - $15 if it works.

Here's a similar Stevens #7 on eBay that did not even get a bid because the price was too high:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Stevens-No-7-Tire-Pressure-Gauge-Uncommon-/23221 4033686?hash=item361108f516%3Ag%3AqIAAAOSwnHZYhMo6&nma=true&si=ooUxf2QVMc2f%252B oIhIA23G6M5Wcg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Stevens was a huge machine tool and hardware and gun making operation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

Just found where he lowered the price to $10 and it sold:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Stevens-No-7-Tire-Pressure-Gauge-Uncommon-/33211 6262954?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

Betsy, my 1924 cut-off touring, came with one of the Schrader gages (with leather case). After I replaced the rock-hard original rubber grommet on the bottom with a new one, it seals well onto the stem and works fine. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

There is a Schrader one in the tool kit and I find one everywhere Tool box Kitchen ,living room, and they are all different because they are from different business's. The Stevens ones I've only found 4 so far so they were a little harder to find. Every box is an adventure- Time capsule,and some of it has a story but I have never seen the item. Well now I'm putting the story to item. Thanks Colin

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration