Pre-'13 Model T roadster used as a fire car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Pre-'13 Model T roadster used as a fire car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

Scroll down to 1913 for two cool photos of a modified pre-'13 T. Further down there are other neat photos.

http://www.chelmsfordgov.com/CHCwebsite/CFD_html/FireDepartment1910-1919.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Interesting reading about the fire warden Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 10:23 am:

For what it's worth.....

I can tell you a little about the other photo, on that site, that is of a Model T fire truck.

It is a 1921 Ford/American LaFrance "Type A" two tank chemical fire truck (sometime referred to as a fire car instead of a fire truck). Chelmsford, MA purchased three of them at the same time in late 1921. The ALF registration numbers (serial numbers) were F766, F767 & F768.

The photo shows the vehicle with some modifications from the stock "Type A". The tail board that the three guys at the rear are standing on is an add on. It may have been done at the factory by ALF or done by the fire company. I do not know of any others with this modification from the factory, but customization of these and any other fire truck was very common. The pike pole, above the ladder on the left side of the vehicle, is another add on. Lastly, I wanted to point out that the fire extinguisher on the running board is not the type it would have normally been equipped with from ALF. Probably a replacement.

Tod

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration