Picture of a picture not T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Picture of a picture not T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

I thought this was a T but after looking closer I see it's not anyone know what kind of car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 06:49 pm:

Studebaker.Look above rear fender.About a '17 Light six,or comparable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Azevedo on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 06:49 pm:

I believe it is a Studebaker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

"A 1916 Publicity shot of a Studebaker Roadster."

FWIW http://www.vintag.es/2013/03/vintage-photographs-of-tourists-on.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

Cant be a T! Nobody would trust T brakes like that !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

Good quick fast ID guys. Way to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

The inline 6 cylinder engine in that Studebaker probably weighs about the same as a Model T. That guy sitting on the hood is gonna look like Slim Pickens riding a missile when the rock let's go and heads for Planet Earth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Amazingly, that rock is still there! Fenced off, but when we were there some folks jumped the fence and were standing on it--NOT ME!! egads!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

A whole bunch of crazy bastards drove cars out on that.My favorite is the Cureved Dash Olds.l imagine everybody that did that took a big dose of Liquid Courage first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

you guys are quick! thanks for the link Richard!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

It's only death. What's to fear ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

Seeing the Studebaker on THE ROCK reminded me of when we did it in 1978.We were on the HCCA National tour in Yosemite and took the drive to Glacier Point and with us in period 1906 attire we couldn't resist. We meaning L to R Steve Lehto, Dan Erceg and Me. The only problem was we didn't get the right camera location, so you don't get the full effect. Very disappointing pictures. We hadn't planned enough in advance and were so concerned about climbing over the fence, not getting caught, and taking every step very carefully (it's a loooooong loooooong way down) We set ourselves carefully down and didn't move until the pictures were done and then moved slowly back to solid ground. Boy, what a view! And, I have to admit, what a shaky feeling being way out there although it doesn't look like it from this angle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

I would recognize that hansom mustache anywhere Ed. Didn't you drive your '06 Locomobile on that tour?
It doesn't look like you hurt the Rock any.
Nice to see the photo.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:19 am:

Olliver Lippencott was the first to drive a car in Yosemite. Although folks had been taking photos on that rock for years he was the first to push a car out there on his 1900 visit. The car... Locomobile steam car.

Olliver was a plus sized individual and is not in this picture.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:33 am:

I think LOCO is the key here!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Dallas you're right. And since as Richard said we were in our Loco mobile we followed suit.

Ed aka #4

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration