Finest speedster in the country

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Finest speedster in the country
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

Posted on the HCCA classified.

http://hcca.org/classifieds.php?cars

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

Is that an alternator, VW distributor, starter on "the finest" 1914 speedster?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Nice, BUT..... that sure is a whole heap of Benjamin's!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

Well, that's a matter of opinion ! But then, I believe my Racer is right up there too !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 11:36 pm:

It's a really nice Speedster. Is it the nicest or best or whatever? Once you've built a speedster it's the nicest Speedster to have ever been built. At least until you build your next Speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 02:59 am:

Probably worth at least half that much. Does look nice and have some valuable parts. It would cost a bunch of money to build.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 08:22 am:

I'd give them points for lots of pictures and info. They have done a nice job of presenting what is there. I have been proud of a Yellow Speedster at times but it is just a Speedster with no historical significance. To ask more for it than a nice original car or correct restoration is optimistic.
There are folks who pay lots for things just because they like them. Go figure.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 09:46 am:

I like it. It has better proportions then most speedsters built and it has a lot of valuable parts- Fronty, Ruckstell, wirewheels, etc. The body has a good look to it and it's not your typical reproduction speedster body. It looks like the same body used on the HCCA raffle car that has been recently discussed. (Built by Vic Groah)
At 45k, it certainly isn't cheap. I think you would get to 25K or more if you itemize the parts involved. Still, some people like instant gratification and have the money to make that happen.
There are some really nice cars on the HCCA website today. I REALLY like the red 1914 1-38 Packard Runabout listed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 09:57 am:

Hi Andy,

Nice Mercury Speedster in your profile ... :-)

Thanks for posting the link !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 10:09 am:

I like the 1912 Marquette on that site, because my great-grandfather had one when it was new. No price listed. I can't imaging what that will sell for. More than I have for sure!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

This is reminiscent of the speedster in the Gooding auction in January. Pre-auction estimate 60k sold for just over 26k, and it had exceptional fit and finish. I suspect that this car would be in that range.

Glad you like the Mercury FJ. It deserves a good restoration down the road. I haven't seen another speedster I'd trade it for.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Those pre-auction estimators need to learn something about model T's and the people who buy them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

Those brass cars listed on the HCCA
site all belong to Con Fletcher in Golden Colorado.

He has a fine collection and now disposing of his fine cars. They are listed on the HCCA site by a broker in Olympia Wa.

If there is one you are interested in I suggest going direct to the owner, he is listed in the HCCA roster, and you will save some money, I'm sure.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 04:19 am:

I just saw that speedster at Denny Newman's place in Clio. Neat car for sure but has a bit of history a interested buyer should know before hand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Bowers on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

Don, What is that bit of history? I was curious in the car, but it is awful spendy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 01:00 pm:

Stephen nothing I can put on the forum. Just know its been gone thru with a VERY competent vintage engine expert now.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration