Uh-oh! No more driving for awhile

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Uh-oh! No more driving for awhile
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 01:50 pm:

I have new tires, but have been holding off on using them until I get my new wheels painted and installed.

This tells me it would be a good idea to hold off on the driving until I get them on.

When you're into the second layer of cords, it's time to re-tire.

Too bad we can't get these clinchers anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

I think you may have gotten your money's worth out of that one Steve...Be careful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

I think it's time for the wheel swap, Steve! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Turn it over ! Looks better on other side?
I cant see the air yet.
I think G.R. is right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

As teens we'd buy old second hand tires to run on our old jalopies. When all the tread was gone we changed their name to Skidmore. When they started looking like Steve's tire above time for another name change. Maypop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

Steve:
You may be concerned over nothing here. A boot in this, and she's good as new.
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

Steve,

Wait, maybe don't need to be in a hurry............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

Yeah, I'd say you got your money's worth out of that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

Hey that's only the fabric showing through. I'd wait until the air starts to show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

I got to say it because no one else has yet.

Nothing a roll of duct tape wouldn't fix.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

Going to keep it as a spare?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

" my tires and tubes are doing fine but the air is showing through! "

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

Now is time for the Duct Tape like Chad says and if you really want longer life a few wraps of burlap gunny sack will give you a few more miles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

I think this thread answers the question I asked in 2016 about how far down I should run my tires. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

How about that stuff the spray on the screen door on the bottom of the boat in the comersials? Spray rubber in a can!!! Ya!!! Dang I will never have to buy tires again!!!! Steve, you can save the new tires . Im almost sure it may work? It positivly might!
I have no connection to this product.
Read all warning labels before use.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 06:30 pm:

Should proof read better?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

You can always stuff it full of grass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Hal I think they have tried that at mexican border.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Syverson on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Here's a duct tape repair after a bear attacked a small plane in Alaska. Should be good enough for an old T tire! : )

Before repairrepair after

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

Ray, now THAT would do Red Green proud! Nothing quite like bush pilot ingenuity!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

How many roll does he carry? Oh ya. Enough!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 07:39 pm:

There is still some rubber UNDER the cord. Run it until you can just start to make out the tube. And it was much easier to do that when tubes were red or brown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

Stuff an old blanket in it and fill with water and wait for it to freeze up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 09:55 am:

Frugal: Def. characterized by or reflecting economy in the use of resources.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 09:56 am:

>>>Here's a duct tape repair after a bear attacked a small plane in Alaska.<<<

Did someone leave their delicious doughnuts in the plane again? All food items should be hung in a tree a couple hundred yards upwind of your campsite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:13 am:

All you need to do is find a de-mountable wheel with a good tire and duct tape it to your wheel. use a lot of tape so that it will last a long time and drive slowly. :-)
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:13 am:

All you need to do is find a de-mountable rim with a good tire and duct tape it to your wheel. use a lot of tape so that it will last a long time and drive slowly. :-)
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:27 am:

There's a gun case on the plane. Do you suppose the passengers were off down the hill looking to bag a bear and came back to this? I'm not altogether sympathetic!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:31 am:

I think that is his duct tape dispenser!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:59 am:

Canada used to require that you carry a rifle when flying across country.
I don't know if that's still the rule.
You would get quite hungry without it if you had to walk out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

I've read about this before; the location was so remote, that was the only way to save the plane--fly it out!
Frugal?? ME??? No I'm CHEAP! See what I can do on the computer: Who uses anymore, it's always $$$$!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 12:52 pm:

The guy was lucky. I bet a bear could do about the same damage to an aluminum skin plane and it wouldn't be NEARLY so easy repair. Temporarily or permanently.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration