TOWN POPULATION -- 78 ( AUCTION )

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: TOWN POPULATION -- 78 ( AUCTION )
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Just thought I would pass this along.
Great stuff at auction in IOWA coming up in a few months. Maybe someone lives near it.

http://www.sullivanauctioneers.com/auction/huge-collector-car-antique-tractor-co llection-2/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

WOW! I would love to go to that one. Look at all the stuff in the background of the photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 05:11 pm:

And I was awestruck after viewing Dan K's collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Ain't very far from Lincoln. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

As a Mopar guy, I dropped my soda when I saw the old Car Craft magazine project car (Dodge Dart Swinger).

Wow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Good grief! How on earth does someone find the time, let alone the money, to amass so many cool things as that. Hard to believe. Million dollar collection. Assuming that this is due to the passing of the collector(s), it's kinda sad that after all those years of gathering, this is how it ends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 08:25 pm:

Disgraceful! I didn't seem much if anything earlier than 1930.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

There's a 24-25 T in one picture, next to the John Deere 7520

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:58 pm:

Where are the baby clothes and plastic yard toys ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 12:13 am:

Here is a little information about Bob Gabeline: From his obituary.

Robert L. Gabeline, 86, of Yarmouth died September 3rd at Great River Klein Center in West Burlington. He was born February 22, 1930 in Burlington to Dale Dewey and Edna Weinrich Gabeline. He was a 1948 graduate of Yarmouth High School and was a member of Yarmouth Methodist Church. Following high school, he was drafted into the army, serving in the 1st Infantry Division during the Korean War in the "Bloody 1 Unit".

On December 15, 1951, he married Donna Lee Dodds at the Yarmouth Methodist Church. She died February 14, 2010.

Bob was a "man's man". He was raised on a farm close to Yarmouth in Des Moines County, and was a stellar example of what hard work and perseverance could accomplish. It was nothing to drive by his office at midnight and see him at his desk, talking to his farmhands or truck drivers, still hard at it.

Bob farmed thousands of acres stretching from Oakville to Batavia, and south to Farmington. He owned a fleet of Mack semis, owned elevators in Yarmouth, Mt. Pleasant, Salem, Hillsboro and Clear Lake. He owned a Versatile tractor and GMC truck dealership in Winfield, and built his own fertilizer plant in Yarmouth.

Bob was best known for the custom hot rods he and Leonard Boecker worked side by side to build. Bob once hosted the Good Guys Hot Rod Tour at his house and put his cars and trucks out for everyone to see.

His wisdom and generosity touched the lives of hundreds of people.

He was a member of the Corn Growers Association, Soybean Association, Cattleman's Association, "Good Guys" and Farm Bureau.

He ran the Great American Race across the US many times along with his best friend Larry Siegworth. He enjoyed car shows, gardening, landscaping and trees, family dinners and especially loved Christmas.

Survivors include sons Mike Gabeline, Dan (Amy) Gabeline, both of Yarmouth, and David (Diane) Gabeline of Danville; one daughter, Teri (Jeff) Wilkerson of Morning Sun; eleven grandchildren and many great grandchildren; and one sister, JoAnn (John) Waters of Bakersfield, California; and nieces and nephews. Besides his wife, Donna Lee, he was preceded in death by his parents and sisters, Kathryn Hundt, Evelan Jarvis and Roberta Bliesener, and his special friend Pat Parsons.

The funeral service for Robert Gabeline will be Thursday, September 8 at 10:00 AM at the Yarmouth Methodist Church with Reverend Brian Swafford officiating. Visitation will begin at noon Wednesday at Elliott Chapel, New London with the family receiving friends from 4 to 8 PM. Burial with military rites by the Henry County Honor Guard will be at Trinity Cemetery, Mt. Union. Immediately following the burial, the family will host a Celebration of Life reception at the Robert Gabeline Trucking Shop. A memorial has been established for the Cascade Falls Community at Klein Center, West Burlington.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 12:15 am:

I would love to go to the auction just to watch these guys in action. I will guarantee that it is no accident they are holding it on the longest days of the year.

Advertising out in February.

Ducks already getting rowed up and organized.

These boys are big time in the auction business.

They will make the rest of the people in the collector car business look like amateurs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 07:27 am:

Awesome collection and thanks Stan for posting the obit. Seems Mr. Gabeline sure earned his collection

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 07:38 am:

Wow... a couple for straight eights in there that I wouldn't mind having my wife get mad at me for buying them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 09:19 am:

I think your right about the auction co Stan and have seen them on Machinery Pete. Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 09:25 am:

Sounds like he was an interesting, hard working, devoted man. He appears to have lived a good life.

I saw several vehicles, tractors and toys I'd love to own. I'll always be a sucker for a black '56 Belair or any color '56 Nomad. I owned one of each in a past life and regret selling them.

I wonder how many bodily fluids and unnecessary organs I can sell and still survive.

I'd go on the street and sell love but it's a helluva way to starve to death.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 09:41 am:

I thought you guys would like it.

LOOK AT ALL THE PEDAL CARS.....AAAHHHHHHHHH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 10:45 am:

Had he timed it right, most of this stuff was give-away material
at yard sales.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

OK, now THAT is hoarding (the pile of pedal cars); a collector would have them on shelves, not jumbled on top of each other.
Egads, what a pile!!
I wonder how they'll auction that bit, "All for one money" or "Bidder picks"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

David, I'm thinking that was his "in process" pile as it looked like he had dozens of restored ones in his collection as well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

Well. . .. OK, I guess I'll buy that one; still I would have done it differently, too easy for the ones at the bottom of the pile to get damaged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By s. todd mercer on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

i have been lucky enough to view this entire collection over the past 4 months. Wow! Bob Gabeline was a serious "car guy". this is a must see for the summer of 2017

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By s. todd mercer on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 04:16 pm:

i have been lucky enough to view this collection for the past few months. an awesome collection. Bob Gabeline was a serious "car guy". this is a must see on your car calender for 2017

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

If you have any money (or room) left, you could check out this auction.

http://www.ronhackenberger.com/

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration