Old Photo - So What Happened Here!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - So What Happened Here!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:08 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:12 am:

You picked a fine time to leave me, loose wheel...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:12 am:

Working on a T in white pants - not a good plan! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Looks like they had a rock grey tapex to wheel to balance it. Must not have worked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:42 am:

Looks like a broken king-pin. Part of it is still in the axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Good eye Rich. I'm not sure why the spindle bolt would break there. I guess they are tourists not concerned with car washing. The stickers on the windshield show where they have been. The top needs some tacking. A right hand drive or flipped negative.
A great scene with lots to speculate about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

i think it is filpped look at the man on the right his belt is going the wrong way. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Here's the same photo flipped around.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 02:07 pm:

Doesn't the belt depend if you are right handed or left handed???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

Maybe they are doing the other side just in case?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 02:47 pm:

Yes, I run my belt from right to left. I am naturally left handed, but use either hand for many tasks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

belt could go left or right, if we had shirt buttens they always go the same way. can you do more with the tag that would tell for sure. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Watch is on right wrist in the top photo and on the left in the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

The picture is flipped because in the second picture you can see part of the name Ford on the radiator. That bolt might be the tie rod end bolt, but I don't know where the spindle bolt is. I also don't know why they are trying to remove the nut on the wheel bearing if the problem is in the spindle bolt?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

I think she's checking out his a**!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

Looks like the second picture is correct. Not only is the T now left hand drive, but I can also make out what looks to be DE 23 on the license plate. Neat picture, thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

I'm not sure Marty - could be she's eyeballing the crap he just got on his white britches or she's wondering just how long that little jack is going to stay put !

Great photo, none the less !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

Bummer! Probably spurious parts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 03:10 am:

Man's belt starts to the left, woman's to the right. Momma told me...gotta be correct. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:46 am:

Further proof the original pic was reversed: in the second image you can make out parts of a seven and two fours on the license plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Notice the position of the left foot of the person on the left. Extremely pigeon toed.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

A watch is worn on your left arm, if you are right handed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Paul on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 06:10 am:

First picture is flipped. If you zoom in on license plate, you can see numbers are reversed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 08:23 am:

I like Tim Rogers comment the best!!!!

Happy motoring,

Warren

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration