Headlamp bucket fixture.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Headlamp bucket fixture.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, Arizona on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

While working on the headlamps, I needed a way to hold the buckets during repeated assembly and disassembly. Used a scrap piece of aluminum angle clamped in bench vise. Since you are working in the horizontal plane, minimizes the chances of the lens falling out.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

Great idea! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Great Idea, but knowing MY vice, I would bolt another piece of angle metal to that one, with the vertical part going down and clamp that in my vice; I can see my vice letting go at the wrong moment with your arrangement!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration