It's Mine Now

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: It's Mine Now
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 12:43 am:

My dad always said about old cars...."it's not yours until you bleed on it."

I was removing the handbrake lever/brake shaft under the car this evening and the dang thing fell on my face and cut me under the eye.

So...I took a drop of the blood and smeared it on the frame rail.

I guess it's mine now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 02:10 am:

Don,

That means - I own about 48 cars I have cut myself on over the years while loading & unloading them from the trailer.

Gonna start making some calls tomorrow ...... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 07:26 am:

Don, The worst is when you are working in very cold weather, wrestling a rusted part when your wrench slips. You can see the blood coming from your knuckles ... but you can't feel the pain. It will come later when you warm up in the house. Ouch!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 08:34 am:

Your Dad was right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 09:14 am:

I start bleeding on my cars when I pay for it!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Don't get any of that vanadium in your blood. "It'll turn ya."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

"...and the dang thing fell on my face and cut me..." In between my bouts of laughter, please note that I said "Ouch! Poor guy."
Are you sure that dad-gummed old thing wasn't claiming YOU?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

Sorry about your cut, but at least it didn't damage your eye!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

Jim, I just want to know how you got the big Buick that you hauled, recently in your trailer, without scratching any paint!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:30 am:

Terry,

If you mean this car ....

That is a deceiving image - the car was wide but fit with ample clearance on both sides.

This is an example of why I winch cars in & out of my trailer by wireless remote control.

If the car is centered - loaded & unloaded on a smooth level upgrade - alignment is reasonably straight - things go smoothly ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 02:12 pm:

Duey....you may be right.

The thing has been sitting peacefully since I was in diapers (I'm 48) and it may not want to be messed with.

All the scraping, wrenching, twisting, etc I'm doing to it may not be agreeable to a 92 year old who hasn't seen the sun since Nixon was President :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

Too late Richard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Jim....don't cut yourself on John Mays' new car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 02:24 pm:

Don,

I think I stand a better chance of being bit by the snake that just might be catching a ride inside .... :-)

Freighter & Snake Handler ? Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

I have bleed on all my junk. It is always on something rusty to.

on the snake thing,slightly off topic,but Jim got me thinking about it.
I looked at a old beat up Studebaker pickup truck at a tractor one time in Statesville NC. Bell system still on the doors.
The guy said he found it in a barn in GA, got it running and drove it all way back home.A long trip in a rattling rusty truck.
The next morning he lifted the seat to see what was under it. 2 nice size rattle snakes had been with him the WHOLE TIME he was coming up the interstate! I would have crapped enough brick to build a certain wall had I found that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:43 pm:

at a tractor show, duh, poof read,poof read!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 08:41 am:

Wow Mack....it was time for him to go buy a lottery ticket

(Message edited by rustyfords on February 27, 2017)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration