The Model T world lost another yesterday

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The Model T world lost another yesterday
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 09:00 am:

Yesterday morning, Warren Miller of Yorktown, IN died. It was just six days after his 96th birthday. He'd broken his hip the first of the month and never really got over it. True to form, it took them two hours to convince him to go to the hospital. He thought a little horse liniment and it will be fine in the morning. That didn't happen.

Warren's area of expertise was the brass cars - lights especially.

I'm sure a lot of you here knew him. He will be missed.

Here's a link to his obit: http://www.gantfuneralhomes.com/notices/Warren-Miller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 09:05 am:

Sad a great man indeed. He took a special liking to me because I was 10-12 years old and already knew a lot about brass Ts. I leaned a lot from guys like him John Smith and Tom Timm all go now but I'll always be grateful having known them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Warren was very helpful when I lived nearby in Cincinnati. He sold me a lot of early stuff that contributed to my projects over the years. He was very handy at restoring horns, brass lamps and speedometers. A great guy, who was always fun to be around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

Getting old should be outlawed !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 02:25 pm:

He just called me looking for something about 2 weeks ago.Warren was a nice ole guy and will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

Sad news,indeed.First met him at a swap meet,about '79 or '80.Dealt with him a lot through the years.I think he eventually wound up with the oddball five coil coilbox l had.The center coil was a master vibrator.Like Royce says,he was fun to be around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 08:07 am:

It's always sad when a friend of the Hobby passes,but maybe just maybe he'll be back in a very short time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnXxC-nVsJY

Norrie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

Sorry to hear that news. Warren was a real great guy. He had some problems with his legs below the knee not doing what he wanted but was in good shape when we were at his house a couple months ago. I was worried he would fall and wish he could have had someone to help him and his wife. We were looking forward to going back this spring to ride in some of his cars. Hope I can enjoy these old cars as long as he did.

He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Sorry to hear. About a year ago I spent a day with him loading T parts. He was a wealth of information. He showed me the handcuffs he used during the Nuremberg trials. The evening before he spent hours telling me his life story. He was a fascinating individual. He will be missed. R.I.P. Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

I bought some stuff from him a couple of years ago. Enjoyed talking with him by phone. Sorry to hear of his passing, another of the Greatest Generation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

He definitely was one of the "Greatest Generation". I enjoyed talking to him about his war experiences more than Model T stuff. Heck, you can find out about anything you want to know about T's here or in books, but when is the last time you knew anyone that had talked to Herman Göring or Julius Streicker and would recognize their voice if they called on the phone? We never talked about true war stories, but did a lot around the fringes. I could go on and on, but there wouldn't be anyplace to stop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 11:04 am:

I just saw this post and was saddened by Warren's passing.

I first met Warren at his church where I was performing an elevator inspection many years ago. He invited me to see his old car collection and I was hooked. I went out and bought a 1910 Tourabout and after learning how to drive it, invited Fred and Warren over for a drive. He was in his 90's but stayed and watched me install a new radiator. Afterwards we went for a drive and he complained that the wind "Messed up his hair". What a GREAT GUY! He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Oh wow! I love this Forum. A February thread notifying all of the loss of an incredible antique auto hobbiest includes a salute from another recently departed Model T icon- Jack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 05:51 pm:

I didn't know him, but I am always saddened when a member of the greatest generation passes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

I'm so new to 'T's' tho' I'm getting up there myself, it's a good feeling to see the thoughts shared by his friends, we should all be so lucky to just be remembered!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

Well, since this thread is back up, I'll comment. There isn't a day goes buy that I don't think of Warren. There will be a brass light on ebay that seems high price and I'll think I should ask Warren what it's actually worth. As for the war stories - same thing. I wish I could ask him something. I read quite a bit about WW2 and always reference it to Warren. I knew there would be questions that I'd like to ask and that I would never get a chance. I just didn't know how many and how often. True to his generation - and soldiers in general - he took most of it to the grave. Sad, but that's just the way it works. After talking to him, I feel I understand why. Still, I wish he had said more.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration