Ruckstell with short drive shaft

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ruckstell with short drive shaft
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 02:19 pm:

I bought a chassis a couple of years ago with a small drum ruxtell rear end and a 40" drive shaft. The torque tube has been shortened and welded but the shaft looks to be custom. Would this short shaft indicate that the car possibly had an auxiliary transmission of some sort behind the hogs head ? My next question, is there any interest in a set up like this? I'll offer it for sale if any one is looking. The ruxtell tag reads, RUXTELL, 4 SPEEDS FOR FORD, HALL SCOTT MOTOR CAR CO. Serial #24687. Harv ruxtell ruxtell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 09:39 pm:

Either the car had another auxiliary transmission, or the chassis had been shortened for some reason.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 09:50 pm:

Speedster!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration