York Master vibator ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: York Master vibator ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

This was in our 12 until 1967 Dad never used it because he could not find spare points for it, does any body carry points for this unit Thanks Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

I searched and could not find any so I converted it to a ignition switch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 05:33 am:

Sounds like something off the late night adult channel?

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 07:16 am:

Colin,
First I am not an expert on Master Coils and it is not something off the night adult channel you have there. The unit you have there is hard to make working properly.
I rebuild a few Master Coils and use one in my 1922 woody for three year without any problem.

For the New York Master coil you will find no coil point and will need to try to rebuild them, it is possible if there is some meat left on the contacts.
The problem with this coil is you will need to adjust the point while driving to make you engine running well.
The only Master Coils that I could make work as well as a usual Model T ignition are the K&W Master Coils.
I tried New York, J&B, Kingston, Nominee and K&W Master Coils. Only K&W stay working without any adjustment after the rebuild.
I rebuild them ALL the same way; new wiring, new capacitor (same as in the normal coils) and new point as the were available.
The only reason I could find, is the way the points are build.
Only the K&W coils have a cushion spring on the points and are the same points used on the normal Ford and K&W ignition coils. For the best result on the K&W MC You just need to set the points the same way the points are set on a normal coil.

For using the MC in my car I build four coils with a bridge over the points and made a wiring loom for the coils.
As you can see on the photos, there are two contact switches on the car. This winter I build a coil box without a switch and will install it in the car in a few days.

(For safety I have a complete ignition in the spare box of the car)

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 09:47 am:

Good Morning Our new york coil works and was working in the car,Dad stopped using it because if he used up the points the unit could not fixed so he switched back to Henry's system and installed the clock and that is how it sits today. A lot of what Dad did back in the 60's was because there were no parts available. The unit does look nice sitting on the shelf as apposed to sitting in a box in the garage. Thank You Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:04 am:

Are you willing to sell??

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

Not for sale I was looking at putting back on the car if the 12 stays that part is still up in the air, Cheers Colin

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration