KW coil points

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: KW coil points
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

Last one of the night The 12 runs on the new brass top coils Dad charged the box the fix the coils Back in the 60's he could not find points for the originals,so over the years he has gathered many sets of KW points. The question is I use them but are the members using original points or are the new points better? Thanks Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 07:24 am:

I'm using the new KW's and they work just fine. You may have to tweak the viberator gap because some are out of spec's with too long of a rivet. Also they will need to be gapped at .012 not the .005 as stated in the Ford Manual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 08:16 am:

Colin,

Those points may be better than some of the ones sold today. I have some like that and have used them, they are excellent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 09:52 am:

Good Morning well that is good to here Dad has about 200 sets in a box so if I sold a set or two no big deal . I can still hear Dad saying don't sell any coil points they are hard to come by. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron MacIntyre on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

Do you have a reg e-mail?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

The jury is still out on whether .005 or .012 is best, but the new points appear to be a very consistent .012 now and they work fine.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration