Engine Pan Support Cradle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Engine Pan Support Cradle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 12:52 am:

I have a Model T engine pan support I bought for my T several years ago, but never installed it. Would you recommend it or would it be a waste of time. It looks as if it would be fairly simple to install.

I remember seeing one in Floyd Clymer's Motor Scrapbook of Model T accessories and thought it would be a good idea, as I heard that broken engine supports were a common occurrence on Model T's, but that may have been as a result of the rough roads back then. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 08:27 am:

Sometimes it's a good idea to wear a belt and suspenders you never know when one or the other will fail. Even though we have better roads the metal ears are old and could be fatigued so the extra precaution wouldn't hurt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 09:55 am:

One of Betsy's pan ears has a weld repair, so I installed one as extra insurance. :-)

pic

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration