T Driving Comes Early This Year

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: T Driving Comes Early This Year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:58 am:

The past three days the weather here has been in the 60's and 70's. Very unusual for this time of year. We have had heavy rains that washed off the salt, yesterday I took Ellen's 20 out. It was to muddy to get any of the other ones out. Ellen was gone for the day, so I went solo. Told her later move your feet...loose your seat (even though it's her car). As usual the car started and ran perfect. The engine has never been rebuilt, only rings and valves, and has good compression. It has no speedometer so I don't know how many miles are on it. It is SLOW!!! A Chaffins reground cam and Prus head would wake it up, but Ellen is okay with it as is. This morning we woke up to temperatures of 28 degrees. A dusting of snow, and more salt on the road. But Ellen did drive it around the yard, she wasn't going to let me have one up on her. We have to wait awhile before we go again.
Last year our first T ride was March 12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

Awesome

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Dan, nice to hear you got out. My "last and first" T ride was I think maybe 3 sundays ago when it was mid 60's and no salt from tons of rain the day before. Not so anymore. The roads have been white with salt dust all last warm week. Didn't matter, the '12s on jack stands with all his wheels off, and I'm still finishing the '20s new front wheels anyway. Good time to have everything down!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Dan thats great. Nice photos! You know your alive driving an open car in cold weather! Good for her.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

T driving comes early? Huh?

You mean that youse guys "put up" your cars in the winter? Why? What fun is there in that practice?

I thought that these were year 'round cars. Am I wrong?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 02:50 pm:

Road salt Bill, road salt! That's what meakes me put 'em away! Out here they put down a half inch of salt for every quarter inch of snowfall. Therefore there's always salt residue even long after the last snow storm. I always hose down my "modern '97 P/U" after every "salt run". That's why its still rust free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

Good job guys.Driving is the best. We had our's out today. Keep up the good work.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 05:04 pm:

Rich, I love the color of that coupe!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

Thanks Dallas. It is a Ford color. I have seen many that shade. :-)
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 04:03 am:

My '25 coupe is black, but it has the same gloss as Rich's coupe. :-) Dallas can vouch for that. :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 05:44 am:

Love that coat, Bill!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 06:01 am:

Dave, that color goes with anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 07:08 am:

I have one of those with the optional Ford color. The advantage of this color is, very little maintenance. the dirtier it gets, the better it looks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration