Neutral free

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Neutral free
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 06:02 pm:

I just bought another t 26 coupe yesterday. It has been rebuilt front to back about 20 years but the other owner hardly drove it just around his neighborhood. The man I got it from got it and hadn't started it In 2-3 years. He said it had new wooden spokes on all 5 wheels new rebuilt trans,motor and he had the coils restored just last summer, paint is really slick and the underneath is as clean as a new car. When I started it yesterday, he said it had been out of his garage in probably 3 years. He never adjusted it to the true neutral free spot. I haven't had this with my other Ts. Any good suggestions of the best place to start. Thanks in advance for your help and advise. This is really cool old car and it's found a home. This one is a real keeper. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 06:05 pm:

Click here:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/729680.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

Follow instructions in Royce's post. When you get the "free" neutral, you will be able to push the car without spinning the engine or crank the engine without the car rolling (each of the above while the parking lever is in the neutral position). The neutral will not be as free as neutral in a manual shift car.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration