Gas headlamps on 1923 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Gas headlamps on 1923 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dunlap - Orlando, Florida on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

As best as I can tell, it isn't really period correct to install gas lamps on a 1923 Touring, and I am way too early in my restoration to install something like this.

I am curious where folks mount them on the car. I found the mounts/brackets in the catalogs, but I don't see an obvious location for mounting them to the car. Any advice or pics would be appreciated.

Also, am I correct that the lamps would not be something that was sold with the 1923 Touring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

No gas lamps on a '23. Technically not even the kerosene side lamps, as those were discontinued with the electric starting cars. Only on hand-crankers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 08:01 pm:

There's a hole in the front fender iron for the electric headlight stem (or, if you like, the carbide headlight fork stem).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dunlap - Orlando, Florida on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 08:49 pm:

Where do the kerosene lamps attach to the later model cars?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dunlap - Orlando, Florida on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Looks like the bracket attaches to the bottom part of the windshield stanchions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

Windshield stanchion brackets for the side lamps held by the stanchion bolts. The lamps have a single bolt fitting to the bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dunlap - Orlando, Florida on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

Nailed it!! Thanks, Dan. That's the kind of pic I was looking for.

Much appreciated.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration