KW Switch location

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: KW Switch location
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

I've bought a reproduction coil box and a KW switch.
The coil box is now stained and awaiting its first coat of Spar Marine Varnish.
When this process is finished I'll mount the KW switch to it......and here's where my question lies.....
Does the whole switch fit central on the front of the box, or does the lower knob extend down past the bottom of the box?
I've seen photos indicating both, hence my question.
My thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 11:45 am:

One of my original KW boxes is in the house now, so I was able to get the information for you quite easily. The bottom of the switch is exactly 1 3/8" from the bottom of the box. Good luck with your installation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

I should have posted a photo. I pickup up this box a few years back, and it was missing all kinds of parts. Fortunately I had all the parts needed to make it whole again. I used it for about a year on my '13 runabout before I tore the car apart for restoration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

"Thank You", Larry
Cheers,
Rob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration