Great day in NH

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Great day in NH
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:24 am:

Two weeks ago I was at a trade show in San Diego enjoying the sunshine while my wife suffered through 3 storms that dropped over 18 inches of snow in the driveway.

Last Saturday it was over 60 in NH and after I did a few errands I started cleaning the garage.
The 19 kept talking to me so late in the afternoon I decided that I should attempt a short ride.
After checking the gas, air in the tires, radiator, and oil I started it.
It would not stay running until I gave it a good strong choking just after it started.

A quick drive around the neighborhood reminded me that I had to do a couple things once the weather gets better.

One is to replace the king pins (they are in my tool box.) and the other is to figure out why it lacks power in high gear.
The original untouched 98 year motor it would easily pull the grade outside of my home in high gear, but now I have to use low.
I know that the bands are set right so I suspect it is the carburetor but there is a possibility it is just a tight motor.

Speaking of bands - This motor has wood bands and I now understand why people like them.
They are great!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration