Magnet Gap Tool to lend?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Magnet Gap Tool to lend?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

Anyone in the Rochester/Buffalo/Syracuse area have one of those spiffy KRW magneto magnet gap tools I could borrow for a weekend?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

The guy who makes them is pretty close to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Interesting , but pretty sure he might want me to buy one. I only have one model T and hope to only need it for this one installation. Wish there was a model T tool co op.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

As it is,I have one ,but am reluctant to ship in today's world. The shippers have a bad rep for losing things. I bought mine from Bob Scherzer 5-6 years ago.It wasn't that bad.Amazing how much the middle men make on some things. Wouldn't cost much to call him,and you can always recoup when you sell yours.989-642-8649

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

I had one I bought new and after I was done with it, sold it on ebay for a profit. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

Looks like that would be easy enough to make if you have a spare transmission shaft and access to a lathe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:58 pm:

Have a shaft and an old connecting rod ... just need a spacer and a couple of 1" ID collars. Just wanted the easy way out and need to spend my money on more important elements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

A friend of mine made a dandy one using pipe, pipe fittings, and a bearing from an old caster wheel, with a piece of a used 0 - 1" inside micrometer welded to the end. He had a few hours work and around $20 in materials to make it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration