1912 Torpedo on HCCA site

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1912 Torpedo on HCCA site
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 09:30 pm:

http://www.hcca.org/classifieds.php?cars

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

I didn't look it over very closely, but it looks like a nice one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 01:21 am:

And a rather reasonable price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 09:05 am:

And it's not yellow! I'd take a stab at the '11 for the right price, altho I'm not in the mood for a repaint job.

The '12 torpedo just lacks a bit of something what with the longer runningboard and "standard" fenders. But I do believe that model addressed the issue of being able to reach the pedals better than the '11.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

I notice that it has a Ruckstell axle.
Would this use the 1912 axle parts or something newer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

I find it amusing that Ford's penchant for reducing a lithe, spritely and highly attractive model to something bloated, heavy and commonplace in their later iterations (e.g., Thunderbirds and Mustangs) goes all the way back to the Model T Torpedo.

Tough to reach the pedals or not, the '10 and '11 Torpedoes are to die for. The '12, well, I like your Commercial Roadster better, Tim . . . and hey, if you'll take a stab at that '11 Torpedo, I'll come out to O-hee-oh and paint it for ya !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 07:13 am:

Rich, careful now...I just might take you up on that!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

I can certainly appreciate what you guys are saying, but everyone has differing opinions...while I wouldn't say the earlier cars are ugly, I'm not really a fan of the angles of the windshields. Meanwhile, I certainly feel a 1912 can be extremely attractive if done right. Unfortunately, they will forever be out of my price range.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration